Speech-Language & Feeding Therapy
The Speech Language Pathology Center is an award-winning boutique practice that is proud to offer speech therapy services to a variety of pediatric and adult patients. The Speech Language Pathology Center offers a range of speech, language and feeding therapy services for both children and adults on the South Shore. We are dedicated to providing high quality, individual and family-centered therapy to our patients. These services include diagnosis and treatment for the following:
Speech & Language Therapy
- Articulation, phonological processing delays, verbal apraxia, and lisp remediation
- Auditory processing and listening strategies
- Expressive-receptive language disorders
- Dyslexia - Reading intervention utilizing Wilson Reading Program
- Pragmatic and social skills training (i.e. Autism Spectrum)
- Stuttering and fluency therapy
- Aphasia and Primary Progressive Aphasia treatment
- Cognitive therapy, including executive function disorder and post-concussion
Speech Generating Devices
- Total communication solutions for individuals with speech and language deficits.
- Speech Generating Device evaluations and consulting including TobiiDynavox, iPad bundles (i.e. MyTalkTools, Proloquo2Go, GoTalk Now, Avaz...
- Assistive technology recommendations that promote speech, language and functional communication.
Feeding & Swallowing
- Feeding therapy utilizing the Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach. A family-centered program for treating problem feeders. It integrates postural, sensory, motor, behavioral, medical and nutritional factors to comprehensively evaluate and treat children with feeding and growth problems.
- Dysphagia treatment for adults with swallowing disorders secondary to neurogenic or anatomical disorders.
We proudly accept the following insurance providers. Please contact us at 781-792-2700 to ask about your insurance.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Tufts Health Plan (including Cigna)
- Fallon Health
- Neighborhood Health Plan
- United Healthcare
- Aetna Insurance
Tammy Taylor, MS, CCC-SLP of SLPC offers a variety of iPad workshops targeted at utilizing the iPad for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC). Please contact us directly to inquire about customized iPad workshops for your organization. The following are sample conferences that have been offered in the past:
Customized Programming of iPad Apps Used for AAC & Speech Therapy: This hands-on workshop will provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of how to program various targeted iPad® apps for augmentative / alternative communication and / or video modeling. The focus of this workshop will include popular apps such as Proloquo2go, MyTalkTools, and Autismate. In addition, clinicians will learn strategies for customizing "frugal" apps to increase carryover of speech therapy in various settings. Resources will be provided to evaluate features and challenges of AAC / speech apps and how to implement the iPad® as a speech therapy tool, based on individual needs.
Utilizing the iPad to Facilitate Communication and Speech Therapy: This presentation provided participants with a comprehensive overview of how to utilize iPads® with students who have communication impairments. Strategies were provided to evaluate features of AAC/speech apps and to implement iPads® in treatment based on individual needs. Discussion included appropriate modeling and carry-over.
Getting to the office
Please note that we are located in Assinippi Park on Longwater Circle, which is off Longwater Drive (across from South Shore Medical Center). The clinic is easily accessible with FREE parking.
Providing the South Shore Therapy Services in Norwell, Hingham, Hanover, Weymouth, Cohasset, Rockland, Pembroke and the greater Boston area 781.792.2700
Serving our communities since 2009 including: Scituate MA, Hull MA, Duxbury MA, Abington MA, Braintree MA, Hanson MA, Marshfield MA, Milton MA, Quincy MA, Plymouth MA, Whitman MA, Kingston MA